Steve McNew is a Senior Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Technology segment and is based in Houston. Mr. McNew provides strategic advice and expert services for companies in the blockchain and digital assets sector and corporations looking to innovate with these technologies. He has led more than 80 cryptocurrency investigations and has offered testimony as a digital assets expert 18 times in the United States and once in Australia.
Mr. McNew is the global lead of the Blockchain and Digital Assets practice leading engagements focused on crypto-native entities involved in bankruptcy, restructuring, M&A, due diligence, investigations, strategy and innovation. He has led large-scale blockchain technology implementation projects including smart contract development combined with AI and IoT devices and provided forensic investigations expertise into disputes involving various forms of cryptocurrencies.
In addition to Mr. McNew’s crypto assets and blockchain experience, he leads large-scale engagements for clients in data governance and data privacy, has authored an enterprise search patent application and has led a myriad of engagements related to emerging technologies and digital forensics for 32 years.
- Led all cryptocurrency activities in several of the largest bankruptcies in the sector to date
- Completed a full technical assessment and financial due diligence of an institutional digital asset custody, trading, and finance company in anticipation of acquisition by FTI Consulting’s client (Galaxy Digital)
- Engaged by a global telecommunications company to architect and deploy a data governance and data privacy program for 3,500 applications and 7,000 structured databases to align to new requirements for the Department of Defense’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (“CMMC”) and to the latest privacy regulations
- Retained by a leading cryptocurrency fintech focused on trade and finance in relation to a class-action lawsuit over related party transactions as well as a scathing report from a short-seller market report
- Provided expert investigative services for alleged theft and/or improper use of Bitcoin and Ether payments by performing asset tracing and forensic analysis; prepared various written forensic reports detailing the investigative findings
You must be logged in to post a comment.