The first draft of the ‘Digital Operational Resilience Act’ (DORA) was recently published by the European Commission. The proposal is structured around existing, interconnected policy areas and attempts to bind together several pieces of EU and international guidance into one regulation. The aim is to establish a clear foundation and regulatory framework for EU financial regulators and supervisors, strengthening cyber and operational resilience within the financial sector.
Read our assessment of the DORA proposal, where we have outlined the key questions business leaders should be asking:
- What is DORA, and why should I pay attention?
- What is driving this change?
- Does tighter regulation of critical third-party providers risk heightening barriers of entry and therefore undermining innovation?
- How do I balance competitive advantage against the needs of the industry?
- DORA: A mandate to regulate or opportunity to innovate?